Group Home In-Home Caregiver for Foster Children
This position works with foster children who have emotional/behavioral issues. For this position you must like working with children and have the ability to show compassion. There are as many as 6 children in the home at any given time. We currently have all shifts available as this is a 24 hour run business.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and comprehensive background check (FBI, BCI, sex offender registry)
- Previous experience working with individuals in a home care or group home setting
- Experience working with children helpful
- Good communication, interpersonal, critical thinking, good judgement and decision making skills
- Ability to complete on the job training including CPR, First Aid, Servsafe, and proper child restraining techniques in the event of an emergency.
The duties would included but not limited to the following:
- Wake children in morning and prepare for daily schedule
- Oversee showers and morning hygiene
- Prepare and plan meals (including clean-up)
- Plan ahead for future meals, check expiration dates on food
- Light housekeeping duties (such as vacuuming and dusting)
- Take out the trash
- Escort to religious services
- Serve medication
- Keep medication log
- Help oversee breakfast
- Partner with Activities Director to find educational activities for any child/ren not going to school for the day
- Complete morning behavior log
- Changing all sheets once weekly or soiled as needed
- Oversee homework
- Oversee dinner
- Complete evening behavior log
- Serve night meds
- Report behavior issues or violations with supervisor
- Turn in all shift reports which include medication and behavior logs.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org